Truro & Penwith College Fal River Festival is currently soliciting applications for 2-6 artist in residence commissions from individuals or artistic groups working in any artform.
Commissions are available for artists to develop work meeting these conditions:
- The artist(s) will be asked to develop a piece of work (relevant to their artform speciality) which is inspired by what goes on in and around the Fal River.
- The work created must be included within the Festival itself (24 May – 1 June). This could be as a performance, an exhibition, a blog, etc.
- The artist must involve members of the local community in a meaningful way in the project, either leading up to the Festival or during the Festival itself. For example, a series of workshops, research, engagement and participation with a particular target group, as performers in a performance piece, etc.
- Falmouth University is a partner in this project, and each artist must offer an opportunity to a student to gain experience in working on a participatory community arts project.
- A simple evaluation of the project must be submitted.
Commissioned artists will receive a grant of £1500 (individuals) or £2500 (groups). Applicants 'should be aware that there are possibilities for performances or exhibitions to take place on the King Harry Ferry, or one of the Enterprise Boats (which can take up to 100 people), and we strongly encourage any proposals that might involve the ferry or a boat'.
To apply submit a proposal (no more than two A4 pages) outlining your experience and qualifications, what your project is, and how you meet the conditions. You may also include up to six images, or links to websites. Closing date for all submissions is 21 March 2013. All candidates will be informed of the outcome during the week commencing 25 March.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Fal River Cornwall, 2 Ferry Cottages, Feock, Truro TR3 6QJ.