Circus Kathmandu, a Nepalese social circus project and training programme that works with young people rescued from child trafficking and other vulnerable situations by the Esther Benjamins Trust, is looking for a Lead Trainer / Local Creative Director.
The successful applicant will 'facilitate the growth of Circus Kathmandu into a fully professional company that regularly performs both nationally and internationally', as well as leading on the development of Sapana (the charity's outreach programme) and managing its volunteer trainers. The applicant will also work closely with Floorless Productions.
Skills and experience required:
* Experience managing a performance company, including staff and performers.
* Extensive teaching experience. Experience in high quality circus is preferred; however, other artforms will be considered (and additional skills are welcome).
* Experience of incorporating circus or interdisciplinary forms within a theatrical framework, at an internationally high standard.
* The ability to run structured and disciplined conditioning sessions and training sessions and to ensure the upkeep of fitness, motivation and volunteer morale.
* The ability to manage a class of mixed ability students.
* Extensive experience, skill and creative flair in choreographing and directing high profile productions on both a small and large scale.
* Good communication skills: effective negotiation and management; the ability to lead and coordinate an ever-changing team of volunteers.
If you're interested in applying send a current CV, a statement saying why you're right for the role, and a link to a website or showreel to Sky Neal on email@example.com and Robyn Simpson on firstname.lastname@example.org