Scotland's Conflux are looking for a solo performer to create an interactive piece that will open 'The Human Race: inside the science of sports medicine', a travelling exhibition that will tour Scotland through 2012.
Proposals for the piece must respond to one or more of the following themes (though not necessarily literally – playfulness is encouraged):
1. IMAGING (… OF THE BODY. DIAGNOSIS)
2. CARE OF ATHLETES (COMPETITION PROCEDURE. PREVENTION & TREATMENT OF INJURIES. MEDICINE & SURGERY)
3. PUSHING LIMITS (MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY AND DESIGN. TECHNIQUES AND DRUG ENHANCEMENT. ATHLETES WITH DISABILITIES / PARALYMPIC SPORT)
4. TRAINING & DIET (PREPARATION & FUEL)
5. SPORT AS MEDICINE (WELLBEING, PLAY & ENJOYMENT)
Proposals must be for a solo performance where the props and costume can be transported by the performer, and the artist will need to be available to perform on the following dates: 2 & 3 March, 20 & 21 April, 25 & 26 May, 21 & 22 July, and 21 & 22 September 2012. Proposals should be for performances that can be devised/prepared over the course of three weeks.
For the successful applicant Conflux will provide: a fee of £1500 for the creation of the piece; a fee of £150 p/d for each day of performances; a professional director / mentor for the creation of the piece; an emergent designer / maker and mentor for creation of props and costume; rehearsal space; and all travel and accommodation necessary for the performances.
To apply send a CV and short description (max 750 words) of the proposed performance to Alan Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org before 10am on 23 January 2012.