The Jerwood Choreographic Research Project is a new funding model supporting choreographic research.
Delivered by DanceXchange, the JCRP aims to 'fund research projects that are innovative and progressive, and investigate choreographic practice from across the arts and cultural sectors', and therefore invites applications from 'any artist or creative individual who defines their work as "choreographic"'. Applicants need not be from a dance background.
Artists are invited to submit project proposals for choreographic research connected to one or more of the following strands of enquiry:
- Choreography and the Voice
- Choreography in Outdoor Places (but not site-specific)
- Choreography in Unconventional Spaces
- Choreography in the Virtual Domain
- Classical Ballet and Digital Concepts
- Choreographic Concepts that are Scalable or are Of Scale
- Choreographic Concepts that engage in Political Thinking
- The Open – ideas, innovations and unexpected research outcomes
The JCRP will invest at least £115,000, and expects to award grants of around £10,000 to twelve successful projects.
For more information on the scheme and details of how to apply see here. Deadline for the first application phase is 29 July 2013.