Bright Night International is looking for two highly skilled dancers / acrobats / parkour performer – one male, one female – to join a four-person company for a 2013 tour (September - October).
The tour will primarily take place in Scotland, with some dates in England and potentially wider UK and international touring. The work itself will be an 'extremely dynamic and physically demanding hip-hop theatre piece where daily routines are disrupted by music slipping through the cracks in reality'. The company will be working with existing material to produce one 15 minute duet and one 30 minute ensemble piece bringing parkour movement together with 'the flow of contemporary dance, the mischief of acrobatics and the fresh, playful style of hip-hop'.
- Experience performing and training in two of the following: hip-hop, breaking, parkour, acrobatics, tricking, gymnastics, capoeira, contemporary dance. One discipline must have a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Strong athletic ability.
- Excellent stage presence and character.
- Positive attitude and flexible approach. Previous shows have been presented in a range of venues – everywhere from village halls on the Outer Hebrides to Watch This Space at the National Theatre.
- Experience of choreography.
- Experience of devising.
- Experience of teaching youth workshops.
To apply send video links, photos and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3 June 2013. Auditions will be held 8 June in Glasgow, and 16 June in London. Rehearsals are 9 September - 3 October (with potential additional sessions in August TBC). Touring is 4-29 October, with a potential additional week.